Our friends at Ignite NYC are putting together another exciting installment of their entertaining series for the opening night (Sept. 27) of Web 2.0 Expo New York. And they’ve just announced the list of speakers and topics:
- Aaron Schildkrout & Brian Schechter on “How the Interview Saved Dating”
- Amanda Parkes to talk about “Phrases of the Kinetic: Organicism and Transformation from Robots to Biofuels”
- Dan Rollman will tell you “How to Get Rich on the Internet: Making Dozens of Dollars Online”
- Esther Dyson is set to explain “What you can and can’t learn from your genes”
- George Haines will reveal “The Srsly Global Classroom”
- Jonah Peretti to regale you with “The Art and Science of Digital Cold Reading”
- Krystal D’Costa will show you what’s in your cup of joe in “The Anthropology of Coffee”
- Lara Lebeiko to cycle through “A History of Biking”
- Mark Drapeau will pass out… er, pass along… info on “Successful Social Networking While Intoxicated”
- Mike Dewar will show us “Visualizing the Afghan War Diary”
- Mike Rugnetta to entertain us with “My Little Rights Management Story”
- And finally, Molly Crabapple will give us “DIY Empire: A How to”
What is Ignite?
If you had five minutes on stage what would you say? What if you only got 20 slides and they rotated automatically after 15 seconds? Around the world geeks have been putting together Ignite nights to show their answers. Hosted by conference co-chair Brady Forrest, this evening event takes place Monday, September 27 to kickoff Web 2.0 Expo New York. See you there!
Register here with code webny10scm4 to save 25% on Web 2.0 Expo conference passes.